want to get involved?
How to Help
The Charter House Coalition has been fortunate to be supported year after year by many individuals and churches in Addison County as well as by the United Way of Addison County, the Vermont Community Foundation, The Hoehl Foundation, Ben & Jerry’s Foundation, Fanny Allen Foundation, The Tarrant Foundation, The Agnes Lindsay Trust, Alma Gibbs Donchian Foundation, Virginia Wellington Cabot Foundation, International Paper Foundation, and The TJX Foundation just to name a few. We are sincerely appreciative of these partnerships. Please consider making your own donation today. Your contribution to our program makes an immediate difference.
Donations by Check
Checks can be made out to “Charter House Coalition” and sent to:
Charter House Coalition
27 North Pleasant St.
Middlebury, VT 05753
Secure online donations can be made by clicking the button below.
Current Wish List
The Charter House Coalition Emergency Homeless Shelter in Middlebury has a variety of needs. Vermont weather can be brutal for our unhoused community. Because most shelters are at and beyond capacity, we are looking for the following items to help create warming bags for those that remain unsheltered. Also included in this wish list are items always appreciated at the shelter.
Our current wish list contains:
- Camping gear – tents, tarps, sleeping bags, mats, small totable coolers (easy to carry)
- Flashlights w/ batteries or battery operated lamps
- Rain gear – men/women
- Thermal Foil Wraps and Heat Blankets
- First aid kits
- Hand & Feet Warmers
- Bottled Water
- Gloves, Hats, Mittens, Scarfs – Adults
- Boots – New or gently used Men/Women
- New or gently used and laundered – Twin XL sheets
- Desk lamps
- New undergarments – Men/Women M, L, XL, XXL
- Earbuds & headphones are always appreciated
Donations can be brought to the south porch door (facing the Middlebury Inn) Monday – Friday 10am to 4pm and Saturday by appointment.